The “Sight and Thought” research notebook is an emanation of the Master 2 in Visual Sciences and Cultures of the university of Lille 3. It is managed by the students of the Master who come from various sectors such as history of art, sociology, cinema, psychology, history, gender studies, dance, and geography. It aims to show the topicality of the research in the different fields covered by the students. The notebook is intended for all of those who wish to discover and share the interests and the research subjects of the students. Heterogeneous, it will reflect the Master 2 in Visual Sciences and Cultures. The idea is to cover a vast but not unlimited field, centered on contemporary approaches of the image, in order to serve the community of researchers in visual studies. It works in a network by pooling the resources, ideas and images shared on the notebook.
This booklet has several functions:
– a bibliographic monitoring: new or non-academic publications in each field, selected and commented;
– a directory of basic resources;
– an event monitoring: lectures, movies, exhibitions, etc.;
– an updated presentation of the research of each student: project and essay…;
– interviews and questionnaires carried out by students during their research;
– a corpus of significant images in order to create a dynamic atlas.